Join Irvine-based Families Forward at the 10th Annual Community Resource Fair on Saturday, April 28th at Irvine Valley College.
This fun, family friendly event will include over 70 local organizations that will be providing free services and resources.
• Free Mobile Medical Clinic
• Free Dental Clinic
• Free Consultations: Career, Financial, Legal, Housing, Medical, Social Services, Parenting Advice
• Free Health Screenings: Blood Pressure, BMI Testing, Dental Screening, Disaster Preparedness, Glucose Testing
• Free Haircuts for All (while available)
• Free Groceries (while supplies Last)
• Food Stamps & Health Insurance Enrollment (Medi-Cal, Covered California).
For Social Service enrollments, please bring driver’s license, social security card, verification of all income, property & citizenship.
The Resource Fair will feature a fun children’s activities and play area.
Free lunch will be available.
Participating agencies in 2018 include:
Career and Education
- Child Abuse Prevention Center – School Readiness Program
- Irvine Unified School District – Early Childhood Learning Center
- Irvine Valley College EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs Program
- Orange County Department of Education – HOPES Collaborative
- Orange County One-Stop Center
- Santiago Community College – Division of Continuing Education
- School on Wheels
- Taller San Jose Hope Builders
- THINK Together
Financial and Legal
- Abrazar Inc.
- Legal Aid Society of Orange County
- Orange County Bar Association Lawyer Referral and Information Service
- Orange County District Attorney’s Office
Health and Safety
- Alzheimer’s Orange County
- Camino Health Center WIC Program
- Central City Community Health Center
- Child Guidance Center – Family Mealtime Coaching Program
- Children’s Dental Group
- Coalition of Orange County Community Health Centers
- Council on Aging of Southern California
- County of Orange – Health Care Agency – Behavioral Health Services
- County of Orange Health Care Agency – Immunization
- Greater Orange County CHADD on ADHD
- Healthy Smiles for Kids of Orange County
- Hurtt Family Health Clinic
- Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties (PPOSBC)
- Southland Health Center
- University of California, Irvine – Department of Pediatrics
- Affordable Housing Clearinghouse
- Fair Housing Council of Orange County
- Fair Housing Foundation
- Families Forward
- Family Promise of Orange County
- HIS House
- Mercy House
- Project Hope Alliance
- 2-1-1 Orange County
- Access California Services
- Assistance League of Irvine
- Child Behavior Pathways
- Child Development Centers
- City of Irvine
- CSS/Independent Living Skills Program
- Families and Communities Together (FaCT)
- Family Support Network
- Kids’ Potential
- Laura’s House
- Lutheran Social Services
- OMID Multicultural Institute for Development
- Orange County Asian and Pacific Islander Community Alliance (OCAPICA)
- Orange County Department of Child Support Services
- Orange County Social Services Agency
- Pathways of Hope
- Rainbow Rising
- Rehabilitation Institute of Southern California
- Safe Families for Children
- Serving People in Need (SPIN)
- Share Our Selves (SOS)
- South County Outreach
- South Orange County Family Resource Center
- StandUp For Kids
- Strong Families Strong Children
- Western Youth Services
About Families Forward:
Families Forward assists families in financial crisis to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency. We do not just provide support; we supply the tools for families to once again become independent, productive residents of the community.
Families Forward holds strong to our commitment to the values of dignity, empowerment, accountability, community spirit, and hope.
- Dignity – Honor each individual through an atmosphere of respect, trust, and confidentiality.
- Empowerment – Inspire self-sufficiency through the development of courage, confidence, and pride.
- Accountability – Accept responsibility for commitments and accomplishing our goals.
- Community Spirit – Realize our vision through teamwork, cooperation, and collaboration.
- Hope – Share a belief in new beginnings and allowing dreams of the future to emerge.
Housing Program: Placing homeless children and families into stable housing. Families Forward works with homeless families to find realistic solutions for sustainable housing and build individualized plans to return each family to self-sufficiency. By stabilizing these families and giving them tools to build a future, we create a stronger community for all of us. A key factor for success is Families Forward’s commitment to collaborate with many organizations to end family homelessness in Orange County, including Orange County United Way, the Commission to End Homelessness, the Children and Families Commission and many other partner agencies and foundations. Only together will we be able to end homelessness in Orange County. Visit the Housing Program page for more information.
Community Services: Providing supportive services to improve lives. Families Forward also reaches out to low-income families to help reduce the pressures that can cause homelessness and help them maintain their stability. Through various safety-net services, those at-risk are given access to assistance such as our on-site food pantry, counseling, career coaching, and financial and life skills education. The goal of the program is to help families recover from a financial crisis so they can maintain their self-sufficiency. Visit the services page for more information.
At one time or another, any family may find itself in need of some form of support. Call (949) 552-2727 or read information on this website to find out more. Families Forward helps homeless and low income families find and maintain stable housing and achieve self-sufficiency.Contact Families Forward at (949) 552-2727 or email@example.com.
Visit the Families Forward Website here.
Families Forward is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
You can donate to Families Forward here.