In 2016, Steven Choi ran for Assembly with a picture of himself and Donald Trump, saying that he and Trump would “Make California Great Again.”
Here’s how that has worked out:
· Trump and Choi blame California, not climate change, for the increase in wildfires. Trump tells us to “rake the leaves.” Choi is silent.
· Trump denies emergency federal aid to California for wildfire victims and first responders. Choi is silent.
· Trumps increases offshore oil drilling on California’s coast, threatening major environmental damage to our ocean and beaches. Trump and Choi take $$$$ from major polluters.
· Trump calls COVID-19 the “Kung flu” and “China virus.” As a result, violence and hate is directed toward Asian Americans. Choi is silent.
· Trump attacks Mexican Americans and Muslim Americans, calls for building a wall with Mexico and bans entry to U.S. from Muslim countries. Choi agrees with Trump’s wall and his Muslim ban, calls Muslims “unfit for office.”
Trump and Choi have made California sick, not great.
Now it’s our turn to make California great again by voting them out.
Unlike Trump and Choi, I’ll never put our communities at risk.