Join me at the Grand Opening and Dedication Ceremony of Portola Springs Community Park and Center on Saturday, January 26, 2019, from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The 32-acre Portola Springs Community Park features a nature-themed playground, native garden, two lighted softball fields, two lighted soccer fields, one warm-up field, one sand volleyball court, six lighted pickleball courts, three lighted tennis courts, and a concession building.
It also features an expansive community center (more than 14,000 square feet), including a multipurpose room, large patio area, two classrooms, and a Native American Wing.
The dedication event will include:
- Self-guided tours of the facility
- Cultural display in the Native American Wing
- Light refreshments
- Pickleball courts open for play
- Softball demonstrations by Irvine Girls Softball Association
- Entertainment by Concerts for Charities Club, which includes a string quartet, piano quintet, violin and piano duet, and saxophone quartet made up of students from Trabuco Hills, Northwood, and Portola high schools
I am especially excited about the Center’s Native American Wing, which was a combined effort of City staff, representatives of our local Native American tribes, the California Cultural Resources Preservation Alliance and the Irvine Company.
The Portola Spring Community Center will be open to the public from 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, and 12:00 noon – 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Classes at the center will be available beginning in February, and programming will include after-school and camp activities as well as recreational activities and sports programs.
Portola Springs Community Park and Center are located at 900 Tomato Springs, Irvine, CA 92618.
No RSVP is needed for this free event.
For more information, visit cityofirvine.org/specialevents or call 949-724-6192.
See you there!
You must be logged in to post a comment.